- Visual Studio Java Plugin Mac Download Version
- Visual Studio Java Plugin Mac Download Windows 10
- Perforce Plugin Visual Studio
- Download Plugins For Mac
- Visual Studio Java Mac
Developer Community System Requirements Compatibility Distributable Code Documentation Blogs Servicing
Click the button to download the latest version of Visual Studio 2019 for Mac. For information on the system requirements see the see Mac System Requirementsand Mac Platform Targeting and Compatibility guides.
For instructions on installing and updating Visual Studio 2019 for Mac, see theInstall Visual Studio for Mac guide.
To learn more about other related downloads, see the Downloads page.
Visual Studio IDE Visual Studio for Mac Visual Studio Code To continue downloading, click here Download Older Visual Studio Software Visual Studio 2020-10-13T15:02:03-07:00. Add Java project system, with support for building and debugging Java code; Support Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2013; 188.8.131.528 (July 9, 2011) Add syntax highlighting for Javadoc comments; Addressed several potential performance problems; 184.108.40.2061 (July 8, 2011) Original release. Install Visual Studio Code for Mac. Java 6, 7, or 8 (see How to install Java 8 on Mac- as of this writing. Download and install the TFS everywhere plugin.
What's New in Visual Studio 2019 for Mac
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac Releases
- November 24, 2020 - Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.8.2
- November 19, 2020 - Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.8.1
- November 10, 2020 - Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.8
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac Blog Posts
The Visual Studio Blog is the official source of product insight from the Visual Studio Engineering Team. You can find in-depth information about the Visual Studio 2019 for Mac releases in the following posts:
- Visual Studio for Mac 8.8 adds preview support for Custom .NET Core templates added with
dotnet new(Preview features can be enabled in Preferences > Other > Preview Features).
- Visual Studio for Mac 8.8 adds support for debugging Blazor WebAssembly projects.
- Visual Studio for Mac 8.8 adds support for accessing Azure DevOps NuGet package sources using the signed in account without the need to use a personal access token (PAT).
- Visual Studio for Mac 8.8 now supports running on the macOS Big Sur developer preview. See Known Issues for additional information.
- We added functionality to Visual Studio for Mac to warn users when low disk space will degrade the experience.
Refer to the Known Issues section.
Feedback and Suggestions
We would love to hear from you! You can report a problem through the Report a Problem option in Visual Studio for Mac IDE.You can track your feedback, including suggestions, in the Developer Community portal.
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.8.2 (220.127.116.11)
released November 24, 2020
- We updated .NET Core to 3.1.404.
- We updated the F# compiler to 5.0.
- We fixed an issue blocking operations when multiple watches are selected in the watch tool window.
- We fixed several issues causing the wrong value to be copied or pasted within the watch tool window.
- We fixed an issue where it was not possible to rename a watch while debugging.
- We fixed an issue where the Installer was not able to download .NET Core and the installation failed.
Shell and Tools
- We fixed an issue where the Errors tool window didn't remember toolbar button settings.
Source Code Editing
- We fixed an issue where F# 4.6 language features don't work on VS for Mac (Stable or Preview).
- We fixed an issue where member _.method in F # was not recognized correctly.
- We fixed build issues causing FS0010 errors with new F# Web projects.
- We fixed an issue where Find References is not working.
- We fixed an issue with the Rename functionality not working correctly.
- We fixed an issue with missing support for FSharp.Core 4.7.
- We fixed various issues with GB18030 encoding support.
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.8.1 (18.104.22.168)
released November 19, 2020
- We fixed several issues with reliability and performance.
- We fixed an issue where the Exception window appears outside of the desktop.
- We fixed an issue where the Set Next Statement command failed with an error depending on where the editor caret was placed.
Shell and Tools
- We fixed an issue where loading a solution failed after closing VS for Mac in full screen mode on Big Sur.
- We fixed the code search in the assembly viewer.
Web and Azure
- We fixed an issue where loading Blazor Web Assembly projects failed if the project path contained spaces.
- We fixed an accessibility issue in the XAML Previewer where a decorative image was erroneously being anounced as 'image' by Voice Over.
- We fixed an accessibility issue in the XAML Previewer where unnecessary content was being announced by Voice Over when navigating to the 'Get started with XAML hot reload' link.
- We added support for Xcode 12.2.
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.8 (22.214.171.12413)
released November 10, 2020
This release of Visual Studio for Mac now supports running on the macOS Big Sur developer beta builds. If you're already on Big Sur and can't use the updater, visit the Visual Studio for Mac website and download the installer.
Debug Blazor WebAssembly projects
Visual Studio for Mac now includes full support for debugging Blazor WebAssembly projects, giving you the option to set breakpoints, watches, navigate your code using step and skip commands, and more.
For more information on debugging in Visual Studio for Mac, see Debugging with Visual Studio for Mac.
Web and Azure
- We added support for .NET 5 preview 8.
- We added integrated support for accessing NuGet Azure DevOps package sources using the signed in account without requiring a personal access token (PAT).
- We fixed an issue where the debugger would prefer an imported class over a local variable with the same name.
- We fixed a potential crash/hang after terminating the debugger.
- We fixed an issue where local variables were not evaluated when debugging a Blazor application with .NET 5.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in an empty properties pad for files when loading AddIn projects.
- We fixed an issue that prevented users from canceling a solution load operation.
- We fixed an issue where the Android build process never stops.
- We fixed an issue where renaming a file with 'Show All Files' enabled in the Solution window added the file twice and might have caused a hang.
- We fixed an issue with VS for Mac setting a different FrameworkSDKRoot.
- We fixed an issue where creating a new project folder with a single character failed with an error.
- We updated MSBuild to 16.8 RTM.
Visual Studio Java Plugin Mac Download Version
Shell and Tools
- We increased the speed of the find in files functionality.
- We fixed an issue causing erroneous exceptions to be logged when deleting unsaved files from a project.
- We fixed an issue resulting in multiple searches and unresponsiveness in the search experience.
- We fixed an issue where Visual Studio is unable to find files/classes included into a multi-target SDK style project.
- We fixed an issue where the directory path for find in files was not set correctly.
- We fixed an issue that prevented users drom opening assemblies in the Assembly Browser.
- We fixed an issue that caused files to open in Visual Studio Code instead of in the hex editor when choosing to open in the hex editor.
- We improved the performance of the Assembly Viewer.
- We have ported the Assembly Browser to the new Editor.
- We have reimplemented the Errors pad and moved the build output to a separate pad.
- We have improved overall performance and reliability.
- We replaced the 'Pad' terminology with 'Tool Window' throughout the IDE and updated the top-level View menu.
- We fixed an issue where the content of the 'Reference' dialog was not announced in proper sequence with VoiceOver.
- We fixed a potential hang in the Assembly Browser.
- We fixed an issue with encoding inside the integrated Terminal.
- We fixed an issue where 'Find' in the 'Replace in Files' dialog replaced the found text.
- We fixed an issue where Searching in a Directory failed after the second use.
- We updated NuGet to 5.8 RC.
- We fixed an issue where it was not possible to type (special) characters in the VS console while pressing the option-key.
- We fixed an issue where alerts were not clickable with the mouse on macOS Big Sur.
Source Code Editing
- The F# editor and language service have been updated to use the same backend as Visual Studio (Windows). This fixes a number of issues previously reported on Developer Community including:
- F# multiply operator as a function wrongly affects color of code after.
- F# 4.7 language features don't work.
- Undo doesn't work.
- Three double quotation marks are placed instead of two.
- F# 4.7 isn't supported.
- Editor fails on matching quote insertion.
- We fixed an issue causing the default key binding for 'Navigate To...' to no longer work with the French keyboard.
- We fixed a problem where new F# projects would not restore and build due to the FSharp.Core NuGet package being unavailable.
- We have fixed an issue where an Enum could not be used as a nullable type in generic interfaces.
- We fixed an issue where Design-time error highlighting and Quick Fix suggestions stopped working.
- We fixed an issue with Red underlines not being shown on syntax errors.
- We fixed an issue where inserting code snippets into a C# file failed.
- We fixed an issue where EventHandler completion didn't work.
- We fixed an issue with YAML support.
Visual Studio Java Plugin Mac Download Windows 10
- We fixed an issue where Running unit tests from the context menu was way slower than from the Unit Tests pad.
- We fixed an issue where there was odd behavior when copying files under source control.
- We fixed an issue that could cause hangs when using Git version control.
- We fixed an issue causing version control commits to fail if Git reported
fatal: LF would be replaced by CRLF.
- We fixed an issue that disabled view history when a file that's not tracked or a project is selected in the solution pad.
- We fixed an issue where Git integration on Visual Studio for Mac is not working.
- We fixed an issue where deleting a file from project rolls back messing up the Source control.
- We fixed an issue where openinig a project or switching branches on console does not always update the current branch in the project browser.
- We fixed an issue that could result in a
doesn't point at a valid Git repository or workdir.error message when working with Git.
- We fixed an issue where stashing errors were not handeled properly.
- we fixed an issue with broken selection buttons in the 'Review and Commit' view.
- We fixed an issue where the Git configuration dialog blocked use of the IDE and could not be closed.
- We fixed an issue where the status of a copied then pasted file was not updated properly.
- We fixed an issue where an error was shown after copying a file if Git was not installed.
- We fixed an issue where deleting a new file under a newly added folder deleted the empty folder as well.
Web and Azure
- We fixed an issue where a new F# test project will display errors and warnings.
- We fixed an issue with solution file generation that caused a compatibility problem with Visual Studio on Windows.
- We fixed an issue where .razor files would incorrectly show a “Using directive is unnecessary' error.
- We fixed an issue where IntelliSense for classes from a new Razor class library project were not available in .razor files.
- We fixed an issue preventing Azure subscriptions being found when publishing to Azure Publish to Azure.
- We fixed an issue where Azure subscriptions were not found.
- We fixed a crash in the Razor editor.
- We fixed an issue with breakpoints not hitting when debugging a Blazor WebAssembly Application.
- We have added a preview support for Custom .NET Core templates added with
- We fixed an issue where a Blazor WebAssembly project was not recognized as such with .NET 5 and the Browser selection was missing.
- We fixed an issue where an invalid development certificate caused an unrecoverable hang.
- We fixed an issue where IntelliSense shows the OpenAPI client after the OpenAPI service was removed.
- We updated .NET Core to 5.0.100 and 3.1.403.
- We fixed an issue that erroneously changed the simulator to iPad Pro for the designer if Xcode was used to open and add layouts to the Storyboard file.
- We fixed an issue where users were unable to load Storyboards in Visual Studio for Mac.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in Storyboard errors.
- We fixed an issue where adding an Apple account for Xamarin.iOS is broken.
- We fixed an issue resulting in failure to add an Apple developer account with two step authentication.
- We fixed an issue preventing pairing with Visual Studio.
- We fixed an issue where the Storyboard editor would not start.
- We updated the Android SDK Tools path to support the new 'cmdline-tools' path.
- Hot reload updated the minimum required Xamarin.Forms version to 126.96.36.1993 when using incremental.
- We fixed an issue where Xamarin Forms Hot Reload caused the iOS Simulator to come to foreground.
- We fixed an issue with the iOS Simulator Window stealing focus multiple times.
- We fixed an issue with Vector Images not appearing in Assets.xcassets.
- We fixed an issue where the target framework of a Xamarin.Mac full framework project kept switching back to Xamarin.Mac Modern.
- We fixed an issue where VS for Mac was removing some default properties from Xamarin.Android projects.
- The Android SDK manager will now prompt to install Android API 28 if it is not already installed to ensure compatibility with the Xamarin.Forms templates.
- We added support for Xcode 12.1.
- We improved startup performance of the IDE.
- We improved the performance of closing a solution.
- We fixed an issue where vstool would not return the exact id of an extension which can then be used for disabling/enabling the extension.
Perforce Plugin Visual Studio
The following is a list of all existing known issues in Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.8:
Download Plugins For Mac
- After installing the latest .NET 5 SDK, developers of .NET Core 3.1 apps might see an error indicating 'The ASP.NET Core developer certificate is in an invalid state.'. Running
dotnet dev-certs https --cleanthen
dotnet dev-certs https --trustfrom the Terminal will fix the issue.
- Loading Blazor WebAssembly projects with .NET 5.0 RC1 is not yet supported.
- In rare cases, it's possible to be up to date with everything but the .NET Core 3.1.300 SDK. If you enter into this configuration and update to .NET Core 3.1.300 using the updater, the notification to update the .NET Core SDK will not disappear until the IDE is restarted.