Like Siri on your other Apple devices, Siri on Mac is your intelligent personal assistant, helping you multitask and get things done. For example, while you work on a document, you can ask Siri to send a message to your coworker saying that the document is on the way—without having to stop what you’re doing.
Here are some of the many other things you can ask Siri to do. You can also ask Siri, ”What can you do?”
Download Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 14.2 Firmware Update. OS support: Apple iOS. Siri has a compact design that allows you to refer to information onscreen and seamlessly launch into your. Devices that support “Hey Siri” Here is Apple’s list of supported Macs for ‘Hey Siri’:. MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018). MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports). MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018). iMac Pro. WORKAROUND TRICK TO TRY! I have not tried this workaround to get ‘Hey Siri’ working on other Macs. This video shows you a very simple trick to activate hands-free Siri on your Mac. Siri is one of the coolest features that MacOS Sierra has to offer. With this hands-free Siri activation, it makes. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2020 on production 1.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, and prerelease macOS Big Sur. Systems tested with WPA2 Wi-Fi network connection while running on battery power, with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%.
Tested on production 1.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and pre-release macOS Big Sur. Tested with pre-release Safari 14.0.1 and Chrome v85.0.4183.121. Performance will vary based on usage, system configuration, network connection and other factors.
- 'Show the PDFs in my Downloads folder.”
- “How much free space do I have on my Mac?”
- “Play the top 40 jazz songs.”
- “What’s the weather in Lake Tahoe?”
- “Find tweets from José Bautista.”
- “Search the web for images of the Eiffel Tower.”
- “Show me all of the files I shared with Cecilia last week.”
- “FaceTime Victoria.”
- 'Add Laura to my 10 AM meeting.”
- “Show my photos from yesterday.”
- “What time is it in Monterrey, Mexico?”
- ”Find coffee near me.”
- Starting with macOS Mojave, you can use Siri to play a sound on a device to help you find it. For example, if you turn on Find My iPhone for your devices, you can ask ”Where's my iPhone?' or ”Where's my Watch?”
To ask Siri, take any of these actions, then just say what you need:
- Click in the menu bar, Dock, or Touch Bar.
- If Siri is already open, click or in the Siri window.
- Press and hold the Command (⌘) key and Space bar until Siri responds.
- Say ”Hey Siri” on a Mac that supports 'Hey Siri.' On notebook computers that support this feature, the lid must be open.
If Siri doesn't close automatically, click or swipe right to close.
If Siri doesn't hear or understand you
- Make sure that you're using macOS Sierra or later.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then check your microphone selection in Sound preferences or Siri preferences. Or test with a different mic, such as the mic in your AirPods or Apple Earphones. If you're using a Mac mini or Mac Pro, you must connect a mic for Siri to hear you.
- If Siri seems to hear you but not understand you, make sure that your language and dialect are selected in Siri preferences.
- If Siri can't connect to the network or asks you to try again in a little while, check your Internet connection.
Ask Siri to find files on your Mac
Siri makes it easy to find files on your Mac, using various criteria. For example, you can ask Siri to ”search for all the documents I opened this month.” Then show ”just the ones titled lesson.”
Keep Siri results where you can find them
You can keep important information provided by Siri right in Notification Center . So you can easily access sports schedules, Twitter feeds, files that are related to your big project, and much more.
Just click at the top of your Siri results. Your information will stay up to date, so you always know where to find game times, trending topics, or important documents.
Drag Siri results
You can drag some types of information found by Siri into a window or application on your desktop. For example, after asking Siri to find an image on the web, you can drag an image from the results into a Pages document:
Edit your Siri request
To edit your request instead of making a new request, double-click your words in the Siri window, then enter your changes from the keyboard and press Return.
Change Siri preferences
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Siri. Or just ask Siri to open Siri Preferences. You can adjust settings such as the Siri keyboard shortcut, the gender and dialect Siri uses, and whether Siri gives voice feedback. And if you're using macOS Catalina or later, you can choose whether to delete Siri and dictation history.
Learn more about Siri preferences.
- Learn how ”Hey Siri” works with multiple devices.
- Learn how to control your home with Siri.
Siri features might vary by country or region.
From full-height sidebars to refreshed toolbars, a clean new app design makes sure your content is always front and centre.
A sleek design update makes getting to your favourite apps even easier. And a new uniform shape for app icons adds consistency while letting the personality of Mac shine through.
Siri On Macbook Pro Download Free
Control Centre for Mac
Instantly access the controls you use most — like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth — and new controls to play music and enable Dark Mode for your display. Designed just for Mac, the new Control Centre lets you add controls and drag favourites to the menu bar to customise it just for you.
Siri For Macbook Pro Download
A new design combines notifications and widgets in a single view for more information at a glance. Notifications are now grouped by app, and many are interactive — letting you do things like play new podcast episodes or learn more about Calendar invitations. And redesigned widgets come in three different sizes, so you can create the best view for you.