- Pc World 2019 Best Security Software Macbook Free Download Windows 10
- Pc World 2019 Best Security Software Macbook Free Download 64-bit
- Pc World 2019 Best Security Software Macbook Free Download Cnet
- Pc World 2019 Best Security Software Macbook Free Download Windows 7
Apps for Security. Fight malware and protect your privacy with security software for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. An antivirus app is a great place to start, but you should also look at VPNs.
- The myth that Mac computers are immune to viruses and malware is simply not true. Mac computers can get viruses and need file-based antivirus protection. Additionally, they need the other layers of protection offered in a device security software suite such as Firewall, Intrusion Prevention and Anti-phishing Protection.
- The best internet security suites and software for 2020. The top free games to download on PC. 5 amazing Black Friday gaming accessory deals from Currys PC World.
PC security has been the greatest challenge for customers lately, following the WannaCry ransomware that hit major organization including the NHS a year ago, and Petya, yet another ransomware attack which shook the digital world. If you are looking out to patch and update the machines and install the right security software, then you have nothing to worry on.
If you are using a Mac device and you are unsure of which antivirus is the right one to meet your demand, this article is the right one. Read on to know more about the best Antivirus programs for Mac OS in 2019.
Do Macs require an antivirus?
A lot of Mac enthusiasts claim that Apple PCs are innately secure and it doesn’t require any additional security system. We’d contend that they are incorrect.
Mac OS-based systems are for the most part more secure than Windows for two reasons. Technically, macOS is a Unix-based working framework. As a Unix-based working framework macOS is sandboxed.
It resembles having a progression of fire entryways: regardless of whether malware accesses your Mac, it can’t spread to the core of the machine. Its a myth or misperception that Mac systems are not unhackable, but rather they are harder to misuse than Windows PCs.
The second reason is that, at the present time, there are far fewer Macs than there are Windows PCs. Less targets and these are harder to hack.
To be upfront, Macs are not completely safe, the more the usability of Mac products, the more space for cybercriminals to explore their ways to infect the Mac environment with high chances of potential risks.
WannaCry was quite a news in 2017, while news broke of Petya – yet another ransomware attack- in late June. Additionally, in June, clients were cautioned by security firms Fortinet and AlienVault that there are new variations of malware focusing on Macs subsequent to being distributed on the Dark Web.
A report from Malwarebytes in August 2017 demonstrates that Mac malware has expanded 230% since July 2016. Accordingly, digital security is more vital than any time in recent memory, and a decent antivirus is all you need to remain safe.
Best Antivirus for Mac 2019 (November Updated List)
Pc World 2019 Best Security Software Macbook Free Download Windows 10
1.Comodo Antivirus for Mac
Comodo Antivirus for Mac is an efficient security application that has been the most sought after and is considered to top the list as the best antivirus solutions for Mac OS. Users can just install-and-forget. Comodo Mac antivirus software wraps up some of the robust technical security features to perfectly cover the Mac security requirements.
It is labeled as the Proactive Antivirus software to deliver 360 degree protection to Mac computers. It works smartly to battle against viruses, computer worms, Trojan horses, and other types of malware and the most notorious ransomware. It also provides an antivirus solution as a 30-day trial offer.
- Easy to use, user- interface
- Sandbox to isolate suspicious files
- Effective virus scanning that can be scheduled as per your convenience
- On-access scanning to verify each file for any suspicious activities
2.Nortan Antivirus for Mac
Norton Antivirus for Mac is by Symantec. The most recent report confirms that Norton manages to detect 100% of viruses. It does not bring down the system performance as well, which boosts the users’ confidence to keep your Mac systems safe without any downtime.
Pc World 2019 Best Security Software Macbook Free Download 64-bit
- Secures Macs, PCs, Android and iOS devices through a single product
- Notifies users if the app is suspicious before you download them.
- Alerts users on the scams and suspicious activities through social media
- Obstructs Infected and and malicious downloads
3.Kaspersky Antivirus for Mac
This is another malware protection option for Mac – Kaspersky. It works more likely to the other antiviruses from Comodo and Norton.
It also offers safer-banking software, anti-spyware, with a 30-day trial offer.
- It provides file back up and encryption
- No impact on performance
- Simple to Set up and Configure
- Easy to use
- Blocks unwanted and unknown files and programs
4.Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac
One more of the best antivirus for Mac alternatives is Bitdefender Antivirus. Like Comodo, Kaspersky, and Norton, AV-Test’s lab, Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac blocked and turned down 100 percent of the dangers that came against it.
- Multi-level layer Protection
- Obstructs and deletes annoying adware
- Doest not interfere and bring down the performance
- Delivers complete security
- Protection during online shopping
- Provides consistent cloud based protection
5.Intego Mac Internet Security X9
The main different antivirus tried by AV-Test to figure out how to recognize 100% of the infections came against it was Intego, yet there is a drawback is that it put the greatest strain on the Mac while testing, backing it off more than any others in this round-up.
Nevertheless, in the event that you are looking to try it for yourself to see whether you’re content with the performance speed of the machine with Intego running, you can opt to choose the free trial offer.
6.Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac
Trend Micro works well to identify 99.5% of infections as per AV-Test, so falls simply behind the top performers we’ve specified yet by a little edge.
It’s a bit on the expensive side, however, at £49.95 for one system which is for more than one year, and there’s no free trial accessible. There is, nonetheless, a 30-day trial with a money back offer.
7.Sophos Antivirus for Mac
Sophos Anti-Virus is also one of the best security software in the industry that the product identifies and encounters 98.4% of malicious threats.
It has no major impact on the performance of the system. That might be sufficient for you to see the difference, which further depends on what machine spec you have.
Pc World 2019 Best Security Software Macbook Free Download Cnet
Pc World 2019 Best Security Software Macbook Free Download Windows 7
- Delivers Advanced Computer Security
- Deletes viruses, Trojan horses, ransomware, and any other malicious apps and programs.
- Proactive security from new and developing malware
- Easy to Install and Manage
- Obstructs suspicious Content
ESET is a paid version of Mac antivirus. This is affordable security software and ensures to outsmart 98.4% danger recognition, and scores great in speed tests.
You can get ESET Cyber Security for £29.99 for one device/year. You can utilize the 30 day trial period to try out the software before you purchase it.