Select the Apple Menu, then App Store. Select the App Store menu, then Preferences. Make sure Automatic Updates is checked. MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air must have the power. Apple declares Macs obsolete somewhere around the seven year mark. This means they will not repair these at the Apple Store and OEM parts are can no longer be ordered.
Use Software Update
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu , then click Software Update to check for updates.
- If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. Or click “More info” to see details about each update and select specific updates to install. You might be asked to enter your administrator password.
- When Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are also up to date. That includes Safari, Music, Photos, Books, Messages, Mail, Calendar, and FaceTime.
- To automatically install future updates, including for apps that you got from the App Store, select “Automatically keep my Mac up to date.” Your Mac will notify you when updates require it to restart, so you can always choose to install those later.
The Mac platform is especially popular with DJs, who cart around MacBook Pro machines jam-packed with music, playlists, mixes and specialist software to allow them to perform every evening.
Update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Learn how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
Macbook Pro Won't Update
Macbook Pro Software Update
- Learn how to get updates for earlier versions of macOS that don't include Software Update preferences.
- You can also use the App Store to update apps or redownload apps that came from the App Store.
- Learn which macOS your Mac is using and how to upgrade to the latest macOS.
- When your Mac is connected to a Personal Hotspot, large updates don't download automatically.