This article explains how to install Java 6 32bit on Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite.
- Legacy Java Se 6 Runtime Download Mac Free
- Legacy Java Se 6 Runtime Mac Sierra Download
- Legacy Java Se 6 Runtime Mac El Capitan Download
Java 6 32bit is required when using the 32bit installer for PDF Studio – a powerful, low cost Adobe® Acrobat® alternative for Mac OSX. Note that the 32bit installer is no longer the recommended installer. The new recommended installer for PDF Studio is 64bit and does no longer require Java 6.
Steps to install Java 6 If you wish to continue with the old / original installer
Q: I upgraded my mac to OSX 10.10 Yosemite & 10.11 El Capitan and I am having trouble opening PDF Studio. I receive the message: “To open “PDF Studio 9” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.” How can I fix this?
A: Like other applications such as Dreamweaver or Creative Suite, PDF Studio requires Java 6 in order to run. During the upgrade process to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or 10.11 El Capitan, Java may be uninstalled from your system. In order to reinstall and run PDF Studio you will need to install the Java 6 Runtime again. You may receive a dialog that will direct you to the site where you can download the Java 6 Runtime. Once installed you can proceed as normal with installing and using PDF Studio. You can follow the instructions below to complete the Java 6 installation.
Installing Java SE 6 Runtime
- Click on the “More Info…” button. The “More Info” button may be broken on some Yosemite minor versions. If so, go to the Mac Support site (support.apple.com/kb/DL1572) to download Java 6.
- Click on the Download button on the Mac support page
- This will begin downloading the Java installer. You can see the current status of the download on your dock.
- Once the download is complete, click on the downloads icon on the dock to open the download folder. Then click on the file labeled JavaForOSX2014-001.dmg to open the download.
- Then double click on the JavaForOSX.pkg file to open the Java 6 installer
- Follow the installation instructions to complete installing Java 6 on your system
- Once the installation is complete you can proceed as normal with installing and/or using PDF Studio. In some cases, you may need to reinstall PDF Studio as well due to the way that the Mac OSX 10.10 upgrade rearanges the files on the system.
If you come across any issues at all please feel free to let us know by going to Help->Email Support or sending us an email directly to [email protected]
An error “you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime”, is encountered when you open any Adobe application.
With Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and later, the Java runtime is no longer installed automatically as part of the OS installation. Follow any of the methods below to install Java runtime.
You can download and install the latest Java runtime from the Java website - Download Free Java Software.
On Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite), when you launch any Adobe product, you might receive a warning 'The Application has been moved and its path has been changed...'.
Click Repair Now or Update button to update the location and resolve the issue. When prompted for password, enter your system password to complete.
If Java runtime is not installed, you are prompted to install when you first launch any Adobe product. Follow the onscreen instructions in the Java required notification dialog box to install.
Use the following method to initiate the Java runtime installation or confirm if it is installed.
Legacy Java Se 6 Runtime Download Mac Free
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Java Preferences.
If Java is not installed, you receive the following message: “To open “Java Preferences,' you need a Java runtime. Would you like to install one now?”
- Click Install and accept the license agreement. The Java runtime is downloaded and installed.
Many Adobe applications depend on the Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for some features to work. Apple recently changed the way it includes Java in Mac OS, and with Lion, Java is no longer preinstalled. It is now an optional install that you must select.
Legacy Java Se 6 Runtime Mac Sierra Download
Since current Adobe installers and applications were built before these changes by Apple, Adobe software anticipates that Java is installed. Adobe and Apple have worked together to ensure that you can install Java at OS install time. Or it can be installed later before you install Adobe applications. At runtime, when you launch an Adobe application, you are prompted to install Java if it is not already installed. If you do not install Java before running an Adobe application, there can be missing or improperly behaving features. If you encounter any issues, install Java to correct the problems. Adobe recommends that corporate IT organizations pre install Java (or make sure that Java can be installed through their firewalls/security) to avoid conflicts with Adobe applications.
Legacy Java Se 6 Runtime Mac El Capitan Download
If the Java runtime is not installed, some issues that are known to occur include -
- Failure to launch.
- Install Java runtime prompts when you attempt to use the applications.
- Applications hang or quit.