This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
Installing Firefox on Mac. To download and install Firefox: Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you. Click Download Firefox. Just download it onto your mac, pretty simple. Java Development Kit: How To Install And Setup the JDK For A Mac Running OS X - Duration: 6:35. The Learn Programming Channel 111,026 views. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) — this lets you run Java apps on your computer. To set up these components: 1. Go to Java SE Downloads. Click Java Download to display the download page for the latest version of JDK, which includes JRE. Click the download package for your operating system: Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux. Install the JDK. Mac client instructions You need to have a version of Java installed on your system. If you do not have a suitable version of Java installed, the following error will be presented - 'Unable to load Java Runtime Environment' To install the Java Runtime Environment, please visit java.com. Download older versions of the JavaFX SDK installer from the Previous Releases download page. After the download is complete, double-click the EXE or DMG file to run the installer. On the Mac OS X platform, double-click the open-box icon that appears after you start the installer. Complete the steps in the installation wizard.Make sure your Mac meets the System Requirements for Firefox.
If you use an old version of OS X, see these articles for more information:
Java Wont Download Onto Macos
To download and install Firefox:
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click .
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, click the Download options and other languages link instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) may open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- Note: If you do not see this window, open the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
Tip: You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Why Can't I Download Java
Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock or Applications folder to start it.
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, click .
Upon installation, Firefox will not be your default browser, which you'll be notified about. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click . If you're just trying out Firefox or simply do not wish to set Firefox as your default browser, click .