The Windows installer will direct you to the appropriate download page if you do not have Java at all, or if your version is too old. Linux and Solaris users can download a JVM from Sun's download page. Mac OS X includes Java by default, but note that Java 5.0 is only available for Mac OS X 10.4 or later. UMLet is a free, open-source UML tool with a simple user interface: draw UML diagrams fast, build sequence and activity diagrams from plain text, export diagrams to eps, pdf, jpg, svg, and clipboard, share diagrams using Eclipse, and create new, custom UML elements. Java SE 10 Archive Downloads. Go to the Oracle Java Archive page. The JDK is a development environment for building applications using the Java programming language. The JDK includes tools useful for developing and testing programs written in the Java programming language and running on the Java TM platform.
Recommended Installers (64-Bit)
EXE for per-user deployment: Allows users to install and update on their own, keeping you up-to-date and secure with the latest features and fixes. (Click here to learn more about managing installation for Windows.)
DMG for macOS: For macOS 10.10 or later (macOS 10.9 Mavericks and earlier no longer supported). If the file downloads as a .json, remove the .json and try to download again.
Only if Needed
For per-user deployment: 32-Bit EXE For machine-wide installation: 64-Bit MSI - 32-Bit MSI
Version 7.2.4 (2) published on 10/23/20.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System
- Windows 7 and newer
*Click here for important information about Windows 7 support.
- MacOS 10.10 and newer
*Click here for important information about macOS X Yosemite support.
- Windows 7 and newer
- Hardware Requirements
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB of available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Minimum 1.5 Mbps down/up (Cable modem, DSL, or better)
For a complete list of requirements, refer to the Technical Requirements.
What's new in this release?
Note for IT Admins: As of v 7.0, IT admins leveraging the EXE installer on Windows should consider updating firewall and antivirus rules since the Desktop application now features a new app file name and path on the disk.
The key features in Work for Desktop v 7.2 are:
Core & Voice
- Theming support (Dark/Light mode)
- Improved Caller ID selection
- Snooze chat/SMS notifications
- Improved unsupported SMS numbers handling
- Improved MMS sending UX
- Load room avatar set through Work for Mobile 10.2
- Adhere to Google sign-in branding style guide for Contacts Import
- [Windows] Work for Desktop always-on-top & Meetings AOT showing on top of RDP window
Download for Windows
8x8 provides two Work for Desktop packages for Windows. The two packages are fundamentally different, using different deployment and update mechanisms. 8x8 strongly recommends employing the EXE installer, as it ensures that users are easily able to enjoy the latest fixes, features, and security enhancements available in Work for Desktop.
Engineering and developmental support of Work for Desktop for Windows 7 ended February 12, 2020.Click here for details.
EXE Version for Per-User Deployment (Recommended)
The EXE version allows users to self-install and upgrade without need for central management, providing the best and most seamless user experience.
What to Consider
- With a new application name and disk path as of Work for Desktop v 7.1, IT admins should consider updating firewall and antivirus rules for the app.
- EXE version will be installed to %LOCALAPPDATA%.
- Automatic updates are downloaded and installed for the user. (In previous versions, users were prompted to install the update.)
- No need for maintenance — Work for Desktop will keep itself up-to-date and secure.
- Work for Desktop will check for updates every time the user signs in or once every 24 hours. Users can also check for updates manually. The updates are downloaded in the background without user intervention
- If there is an update to be installed, Work for Desktop will apply the update automatically when the user signs into Work for Desktop. If the user has not installed an update three days after it was downloaded, they will see a Relaunch to Install banner. They can click the link and install the update.
MSI for Machine-Wide Installation
For companies that must strictly control software installs and updates, the Windows Installer file (MSI) package installs Work for Desktop machine-wide to the Program Files folder. By installing in the Program Files folder, it can be used by multiple users on one computer. Click here to learn more about managing Work for Desktop installations and updates.
What to Consider
- Single installation on a machine that multiple users that use the computer can leverage.
- IT Admins are required to manually keep Work for Desktop up-to-date and secure
Run Java On Mac
Download for Mac
Click the button below to download and install Work for Desktop for macOS (DMG file).
|Note: The Work for Desktop macOS app auto-update mechanism works only for users with admin privileges. Non-admin users will need to manually update Work for Desktop.|
Engineering and developmental support of Work for Desktop for macOS X Yosemite ended October 16, 2019.Click here for details.
Java Engineering Mac Download Windows 10
- For issues with installation on Windows, try running Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
- After installing or starting Work for Desktop if you see an error message about a missing file such as MSVCR100.dll or mfc100.dll, click here to install the required file from Microsoft.
Java Engineering Mac Download Free
Previous Versions of Work for Desktop
Java Engineering Mac Download Software
If for some reason you are unable to use the latest version of Work for Desktop, you can download the previous GA release here.