Testing conducted by Apple in October 2020 on production 1.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, and prerelease macOS Big Sur. Systems tested with WPA2 Wi-Fi network connection while running on battery power, with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. Camera roll is about 4.4GB, and I want to save my pictures to the MacBook Pro. I connect my iPhone to MacBook Pro and iPhoto shows iPhone 8 plus yet displays the loading message. IPhone photos not showing up on Mac. I have just updated my iPhone to iOS 14, is that the problem? IPhoto or the upgraded Photos app on Yosemite and later is the.
For Mac users, iPhoto is an recommended tool to modify, edit and change photos. It is useful whenever there is a need to play around with photographs and pictures. iPhoto is a very simple but extremely powerful editing tool which go a long way in converting ordinary pictures into great ones. It is compatible with almost all Mac devices. However, iPhoto not updating in EL Capitan problems occur more often. Many Mac users cannot use iPhoto in the new Mac OS X El Capitan. Luckily, there is alternative to iPhoto for Mac OS X El Capitan. Here we will show you the best solution on that.
Part 1. The Best Alternative to iPhoto for El Capitan
iSkysoft Slideshow Maker for Mac is the best iPhoto alternative which works on the same lines as iPhoto and helps perform the best of customization and specialization of pictures and images. It is well compatible with all the Mac sysytem including the new Mac 10.11 El Capitan. It has some of the best clipart functions. This well and truly allows you to customize and personalize your tracks and albums. This iPhoto for Mac El Capitan also is very useful to synchronize and organize tracks making retrieval quite simple and easy. Whether one is using a Macbook or smartphone it is very easy to edit and crop pictures quite easily and within the shortest period of time.
Why Choose This iPhoto for Mac 10.11 Alternative:
- You can easily add text into each photo by double-click the given picture.
- It has powerful ability to edit photos. You can add animation, different types of clipart, music and video for your photos.
- Choose and set a wonderful slideshow template make your photo vivid; match your theme of photos.
- Fix red eye, adjust exposure, brightness and so forth.
- Share your amazing photo everywhere. Directly share slideshow to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or burn to DVD.
How to Create Photo Slideshow on Mac OS X 10.11 EL Capotan
Step 1. Launch iSkysoft Slideshow Maker for Mac
First download and install the slideshow maker for Mac. And then rung the program and go to the main interface as the image show.
Step 2. Import photos or videos to the program
You can click the 'Create a New Project' option to make photo slideshow. And then simply drag and drop the photos and videos to the timeline from the built-in Media Browser.
Step 3. Edit photos
Now you can edit photos and do any changes as you need. You can copy or add texts, captions and other effects to the show. And you can also add background music to make it wonderful.
Step 4. Create the slideshow
When everything is OK, click 'Share' icon on top, you can choose options to share the slideshow to YouTube, to iTunes, oe burn to DVD or simply save it to your Mac.
Part 2: Things You Should Know about iPhoto
iPhoto is a multi-function tool which helps edit, organize, share, print and store pictures. It's also a very good photo and picture management tool. Editing using iPhoto according to many is quite easy and there are quite a few unique options that one could choose. Whether it is about coming out with special effects, removing of red-eye adjusting light exposure and much more, iPhoto makes it possible.
Using iPhone for el capitan it is possible to share it in a wide variety of platforms. One can post it on Facebook or Twitter or can create specially-themed emails where these pictures could be shared. Those who are keen on creating superb photo albums or books can use this application for printing the best of pictures. Hence when one take into account all the above factors there are reasons to believe that it performs a number of tasks.
While all this is great as far iPhoto is concerned, as far as Mac users are concerned, at times there are computability issues. Especially when it comes to new models of Mac such as OS X 10.11 El Capitan, the older version of iPhoto seem not to be working. Hence there is always a look for some other alternative and iSkysoft Slideshow Maker for Mac according to many could help overcome this problem.
Burn Slideshow to DVD on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
When you want to burn the created slideshow to DVD, you can use iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac. This DVD burning tool allows you to burn DVD in simple steps. You can just import the slideshow, and do any changes or add a DVD menu to it, and then click 'Burn' to start to burn the slideshow to DVD disc or DVD files. With this DVD creator, you can do more:
- Burn slideshow and any videos to DVD.
- Edit videos with handy video editing tools.
- Enables multiple free DVD menu templates.
- Allow you to burn DVD with multiple output.
Related Articles & Tips
If your iPhone photos not showing up in iPhoto/Photos on Mac? Read this post to learn some quick solutions to fix the problem.
iPhone Photos Tips
Export Photos from iPhone
Import Photos to iPhone
Fix iPhone Photos Problems
Other iPhone Photos Tips
AnyTrans – Get iPhone Photos on Mac
Free download AnyTrans on Mac to get iPhone photos show up, then import the photos you want to your computer. Try this alternative for iPhoto/Photos app!
Camera roll is about 4.4GB, and I want to save my pictures to the MacBook Pro. I connect my iPhone to MacBook Pro and iPhoto shows iPhone 8 plus yet displays the loading message. iPhone photos not showing up on Mac. I have just updated my iPhone to iOS 14, is that the problem?
iPhoto or the upgraded Photos app on Yosemite and later is the default app on Mac to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. However, some users have met the same problem as the above user asked – photos on iPhone will not show up on Mac in iPhoto/Photos when connected with the iPhone. So you can’t import photos from iPhone to Mac. This may happen to users who have just updated to the latest iOS 14.
Iphoto For Macbook Pro Free Download Pc
But don’t worry, in this guide, we will show you some easy tips to fix iPhone photos not showing up on Mac issue. Also, there is an efficient way to import photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhone or Photos.
Fixes to iPhone Photos Not Showing up in iPhoto or Photos on Mac
Here we collect some common quick solutions that once worked for some users to fix the iPhone photos not showing up on Mac in iPhoto or Photos.
- Update your Mac and your iPhone system to the latest version. If possible update iPhoto to Photos (for Mac OS X Yosemite and later).
- Unplug your iPhone, and quit iPhoto/Photos as well as iTunes. Then plug the iPhone back and restart iPhoto/Photos.
- Try to move iPhone photos to your Mac more easily and quickly without iPhoto. AnyTrans is one of the best tools to import photos from iPhone to Mac.
- Turn off your Mac and restart again, also restart your iPhone.
- Unlock your iPhone, and when you plug in with it a pop-up will show on your iPhone and ask whether to Trust or Don’t Trust this computer. Tap on Trust.
- If you use any other photo storage device on your Mac like DropBox, which can be conflicting with iPhoto. You should close DropBox or just remove it.
- Enabled iCloud Photo Library. For iPhone/iPad: Go to Setting on devices > Tap on[Your Name] > Click iCloud > Click Photos under Manage Storage > Toggle on iCloud Photos. For Mac: Go to System Preferences > Click iCloud > Click Options by the side of Photos > Check iCloud Photos.
- Reset iPhone Location & Privacy. Disconnect your iPhone from your Mac. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy > Reconnect to your Mac and select Trust when your iPhone asks > Import iPhone photos to Mac.
- Use the Photos repair tool: Make sure that you backed up your main Photos library > Quit Photos > Press and hold the Option and Command keys as you open Photos again.
You will see the Repair Library dialog appears > Click Repair, and then enter an administrator password to begin running the Photos repair tool.
A Better Solution: How to Upload iPhone Photos without iPhoto/Photos
When you’re facing iPhone photos not showing up on Mac, iPhoto won’t open, or iPhoto not working at all, how can you sync or edit iPhone photos on Mac? Another way is trying a Photos/iPhoto alternative tool – AnyTrans. With AnyTrans, transferring iPhone photos to Mac/PC computer will become much easier and quicker with the related features as below:
AnyTrans – iPhone Photo Transfer
- Transfer all types of photos and albums to Mac as well as Windows.
- Convert incompatible iPhone photos automatically.
- Guarantee you no harm to picture quality.
- Also, help you transfer photos from iPhone to new iPhone directly.
Free Download100% Clean & Safe
Free Iphoto Download For Mac
Free Download100% Clean & Safe
To fix iPhone photos not importing to Mac or not all photos importing from iPhone to Mac:
Step 1: Free Download AnyTrans on your Mac > Open AnyTrans > Connect your iPhone to the computer using a digital cable > Choose “Device Manager” mode > Click on “Photos” option.
Open AnyTrans and Choose Photos
Step 2: Select the photos you want to see on your computer > Click “To Mac” button at the top-right corner to start the process. After it completes, the selected photos will be successfully exported from iPhone now.
Other iPhone Photos Related FAQs
You may have some other iPhone photos related questions and we’ve prepared some guides to give you answers.
Question 1. Where are photos stored on mac and how to view my photos on Mac?
After you import your iPhone photos to Mac with the Photos app, you can view them in Photos app directly or view photos on Mac in the Photos library folder.
On your Mac, Go to Finder > Choose Pictures > Right Click Photo Library > Choose Show Package Contents > In a folder named Masters, you will find photos in different folders.
Whare arr Photos Stored on Mac
Question 2. How can I import photos from iPhone to Mac in more ways?
To transfer photos from iPhone to Mac, besides using Photos or iPhoto, you can also try AirDrop, Image Capture, iCloud, etc. Read this guide to learn 6 ways to import photos from iPhone to Mac >
Question 3. What to do when the iPhone not showing up on PC?
If you are using a Windows PC and your iPhone won’t show up, here some fixes you can try. To get more info you can refer to How to Fix iPhone Not Showing up on PC , or you can try the following quick fixes:
- Restart your iPhone and your Windows PC.
- Make sure the iPhone is NOT locked and it is showing the home screen when you plug it in.
- Try a different USB port if you have one.
- Try enabling Windows AutoPlay.
Bonus Tip: How to Convert HEIC Photos
After the release of iOS 11, all Apple devices would use HEIC photos by default. This new file format is intended to save your iOS device storage space, but it is not yet widely compatible.
As a result, sometimes users would have trouble opening HEIC files. Here we recommend a free tool – iMobie HEIC Converter, to help you convert HEIC files to any formats you want, such as JPG, JPEG, PNG, etc.
Don’t miss: How to Change a HEIC File to JPEG on Mac/PC >
The Bottom Line
If photos from iPhone not showing up on mac in iPhoto or Photos app, or iPhoto not working, then you can try AnyTrans to import iPhone photos to Mac. It enables you to view and upload all iPhone photos when you connect the computer. And Windows PC/Mac, newly iPhone 12 and iOS 14 are supported. If you have any problems with this guide, feel free to leave your comment below or contact our support team via email.
Free Download * 100% Clean & Safe
More Related Articles
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >