Looking for ways to download Snapchat on PC? We have compiled a comprehensive guide that will help you download Snapchat app on your Windows or macOS computer.
How to Get Snapchat in Mac OS X (or Windows) Dec 28, 2012 - 72 Comments Snapchat is a very popular quirky picture messaging client for Android and iPhone that allows people to share pictures and have conversations that disappear after a very short time interval, after which the shared content is gone forever. For example, if you were hoping to run the iPad version of YouTube natively on your new MacBook Air, you’re going to be disappointed, as Google has blocked the ability for all of its iOS apps to.
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps that 200 million people around the world use daily. You can use the app to share your photos, message friends, post stories, and watch your friend’s snaps respectively. The beauty of Snapchat is that it offers tons of exciting AR filters and textures that really spice up your photo skills. The stories are also limited in terms of viewership and will automatically disappear after 24 hours.
On Google Play Store, Snapchat has more than 1 billion downloads and it is considered as the most successful social media app as of today. The only drawback of Snapchat is that it is only limited to phone usage. Unlike Facebook or WhatsApp, the app doesn’t come with a web version and there’s no official way to use it on PC.
But don’t all sad, there are tons of other ways that you can use to get Snapchat services on your computer. The most basic among these is to use Android Emulator.
What is Android Emulator?
An android emulator is a virtual software that allows you to run an Android device interface on your PC. The application sets the number of resources and compatibility in the program.
After this, it creates a virtual device on your computer in which you can run a full-fledge Android device. The device works exactly like your handheld smartphone, but on your PC. You can use an Android emulator to use Snapchat on PC.
How to use Snapchat on PC?
As mentioned above, you can run Snapchat on your PC by using an Android Emulator. You can post your stories, images, and watch other people’s content as well.
There are different Android Emulator tools that you can use for the task. Each one has its separate setbacks and features that outrank them from the competition. To download Snapchat on PC, us the following methods:
How to Use Snapchat on PC with Bluestack
Bluestack is one of the most popular android emulators that support all mobile applications and games on PC. The emulator is lightweight, well-optimized and doesn’t squeeze your system resources. There are other advanced features like direct screenshot capture, multitasking, screen recording, and multi-tab options. To use Snapchat on your PC with Bluestack:
- Go to Official BlueStack Website or Download from the Link
- Select your Operating System and Android architecture
- Download Bluestack on your PC
- Navigate to the Download folder and double-click on the application file
- Now select the Path and follow the guideline
- Once installed, open the application and Add your email ID
- Login to Google Play Services
- Open Google Play Store and Enter “Snapchat” in the search box
- Click on the Install button
- Once done, open Snapchat and enter your account ID details
- Enjoy Snapchat on your PC
Use Snapchat on PC with Nox Player
Nox Player is another reliable Android Emulator software. You can install this application on both Windows and macOS computer. The application support most third-party apps and Apk installation for restricted apps. The one-click install feature directly interlinks your favorite app in the emulator.
The application updates on a regular basis and comes with a performance boost option that further restricts computer resources. To download Snapchat on Nox Player, follow the method provided below:
- Download Nox Player on your PC
- Open the application and navigate to Google Play Store
- Enter your account credentials
- In the Search box, enter Snapchat
- Install the application
- Enter Snapchat ID username and password
- Enjoy Snapchat on Nox
Other android emulators support Snapchat as well. This includes KOPlayer, Remix OS player, Android Studio’s Emulator, and Phoenix OS.
Read More: How to Remove Snapchat Filter from Picture – Step by Step
How Snapchat works on a Computer?
Like we have mentioned previously, Snapchat doesn’t support an integrated Web version like other popular social media apps. In addition to this, Snapchat also restricts third-party application use. There were a lot of issues related to this in the past that Snapchat crackdown on third-party apps. It seems that Snapchat is in the process to restrict emulator usage for PCs.
Maybe the company has plans to launch a web version, maybe they just want to limit the usage to smartphones. All in All, if you’re successfully login with your Snapchat account in Android Emulator, then enjoy.
You can access a number of different android applications and games using an emulator on your PC. Snapchat on PC is also useful if you’re using this. However, Snapchat restricts you from using the services in third-party apps. If you’re login with your account, enjoy the services from your PC. In case you’re facing any problem, feel free to contact us.
Today we will discuss “How to download and use Snapchat on Mac”. Officially Snapchat is not available for Mac, However, we can download and use it on Mac by applying different methods mentioned in this article. Snapchat is an app that is one of the rulers of the Social Media Platforms. Every day, a huge number of snaps are sent around the world. Lets we tell you one secret about Snapchat, that we can make streaks with at least 20 different people with the help of Snapchat.
Nowadays people are being so addicted to the Snapchatapp, so every person wants to use Snapchat on their Mac. Sometimes you want to send a snap over from your MacBook instead of your phone, but you don’t know how can you do that? However you don’t need to worry about that, Here we will discuss all possible methods that will assist you in “How To Use Snapchat On Your Mac”.
How You Can Use Snapchat on Your Mac?
- 2 “With or without the use of Emulators”
Snapchat is not available on the App Store and you cannot use it directly, but it can be used on Mac by the help of two methods:
“With or without the use of Emulators”
Normally, Emulators are most famous among users because users are more comfortable with Emulators as they are simple and easy to use, and serve all the functionality that you want. There is another method Use Snapchat without emulators but it involves a third party application.
Here we will discuss both these methods in detail, Lets we start:
Snapchat Use On Mac By Using Emulators:
Nox Android Emulator
Another great Android emulator that can be used to run Snapchat for Mac is Nox. Nox’s simple functionality makes it just as good as Bluestacks to use as an emulator. It is regarded as one of the smoothest emulators out there, so you might want to get your hands on it. Let’s look at how to use it.
- First off, get Nox from over here
- Once it is downloaded, as before, run it, agree to the terms and conditions and continue.
- Drag the Nox icon in the Applications folder. On-screen prompts will be present to help you install the application.
- Click Open, and Nox will start up.
- On opening, if you receive a message saying ‘Your VirtualBox version may not support Nox App Player’, follow the steps below.
- Exit Nox. Now go to https://www.virtualbox.org/
- Click on Download
- Now, click on OS X hosts
- Once the downloads finished, click to open
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to install VirtualBox on Mac
- Once VirtualBox is installed properly, open Nox again. This time, it will not display the error
- Now that Noxis launched, click on Play Store, search for the Snapchat app and install it, just like we did for
Now you can use Snapchat app, login and send snaps just as you do in your mobile devices, using the android emulator Nox.
In this way, you can other such emulators, including Andy Player, to run Android on your device and use Snapchat on Mac.
Bluestacks is by far the most popular Android emulator that exists for both Mac and Windows. Basically, you can use Bluestacks to run Android apps and games on your computer. It supports the latest Android versions and does not lag or consume too much memory. Although the emulator’s primary focus was playing games, we will be using it to run the Snapchat app on our Mac.
- The first step will be installing Blue Jackson our Get the installer from the Bluestacks website here.
- Once you download that, run it and install the application by following the on-screen prompts.
- Once it is installed, run and open Bluestacks. Set up the Android device.
- You will also be required to sign in to your Google Account. Sign in or create a Google Account if you don’t have one.
- Now all you need to do is open Play Store and search for the Snapchat App.
- Once the app is downloaded, you will be able to find it in your list of applications in the Android emulator.
In this way, you can run Snapchat on Mac using Bluestacks, sign in just as you normally would. Enjoy.
Snapchat On Macbook without Using Emulators:
If you are not using an Emulator to run Snapchat on Mac, your options get very limited. But among those, there is a very smooth and useful one, that still involves a third party application called Snappy. Let’s see how we can use it to use Snapchat on Mac.
- As this is a third-party application, you will need to download it from here.
- Just as described previously, you will need to install the application on your Mac using the easy on-screen instructions provided
- Once the application is installed, run it
- Login into your Snapchat account and start using Snappy!
That’s it! It’s as simple as that. You can thus use Snappy to send and receive snaps from your Macbook.
NOTE: Some users report problems with Snappy to which there hasn’t been any fix available. Go check out Snappy to see if it suits you.
Now we hope that by reading this article you are able to use Snapchat on your Mac conveniently. Here We would advise you to use emulators as they don’t have the licensing and other problems that third-party applications like Snappy do and most important factor of these Emulators is that these are so convenient to use. An Emulator is always desirable. Applications like Snappy tend to run out their lives within a year, and Snappy does not work or poses problems for certain users, so it is always better to have something as reliable as a good emulator. So use Emulators for easy use of Snapchat on your Mac.
If you have any further queries related to this article or any of the Emulators, we mentioned above, feel free to ask from us in a comment in below section and we will try to satisfy you with a relevant answer as soon as possible.
Snapchat App For Macbook