Optimized Storage helps you save storage space space by storing your content in iCloud and making it available on demand:
- When storage space is needed, files, photos, movies, email attachments, and other files that you seldom use are stored in iCloud automatically.
- Each file stays right where you last saved it, and downloads when you open it.
- Files that you’ve used recently remain on your Mac, along with optimized versions of your photos.
If you haven't yet upgraded to macOS Sierra or later, learn about other ways to free up storage space.
Find out how much storage is available on your Mac
Dec 24, 2018 Download Movies Free For Mac. 0 Comments Mac Video Downloader is a shareware web video application. It's a full-featured tool that can create, convert,. If you are using the Mac OS X 10.7 or newer versions, you can download and watch the movies directly from the Popcorn Time movie. The in-app features only allow streaming. In case you want to download free movies on Mac, you can use the magnetic link from the app which should be opened using any BitTorrent client. If you were hoping to download a copy of a Netflix film or TV show on to your Mac - because the service does not offer a download button when viewed on a Mac, unlike the Windows app - you can use.
Choose Apple menu > About This Mac, then click Storage. Each segment of the bar is an estimate of the storage space used by a category of files. Move your pointer over each segment for more detail.
Click the Manage button to open the Storage Management window, pictured below.
Manage storage on your Mac
The Storage Management window offers recommendations for optimizing your storage. If some recommendations are already turned on, you will see fewer recommendations.
Store in iCloud
Click the Store in iCloud button, then choose from these options:
- Desktop and Documents. Store all files from these two locations in iCloud Drive. When storage space is needed, only the files you recently opened are kept on your Mac, so that you can easily work offline. Files stored only in iCloud show a download icon , which you can double-click to download the original file. Learn more about this feature.
- Photos. Store all original, full-resolution photos and videos in iCloud Photos. When storage space is needed, only space-saving (optimized) versions of photos are kept on your Mac. To download the original photo or video, just open it.
- Messages. Store all messages and attachments in iCloud. When storage space is needed, only the messages and attachments you recently opened are kept on your Mac. Learn more about Messages in iCloud.
Storing files in iCloud uses the storage space in your iCloud storage plan. If you reach or exceed your iCloud storage limit, you can either buy more iCloud storage or make more iCloud storage available. iCloud storage starts at 50GB for $0.99 (USD) a month, and you can purchase additional storage directly from your Apple device. Learn more about prices in your region.
Click the Optimize button to save space by automatically removing watched movies and TV shows. When storage space is needed, movies or TV shows that you purchased from Apple and already watched are removed from your Mac. Click the download icon next to a movie or TV show to download it again.
Your Mac will also save space by keeping only recent email attachments on this Mac when storage space is needed. You can manually download any attachments at any time by opening the email or attachment, or saving the attachment to your Mac.
Optimizing storage for movies, TV shows, and email attachments doesn't require iCloud storage space.
Empty Trash Automatically
Empty Trash Automatically permanently deletes files that have been in the Trash for more than 30 days.
Reduce Clutter helps you identify large files and files you might no longer need. Click the Review Files button, then choose any of the file categories in the sidebar, such as Applications, Documents, Music Creation, or Trash.
You can delete the files in some categories directly from this window. Other categories show the total storage space used by the files in each app. You can then open the app and decide whether to delete files from within it.
Learn how to redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books.
Where to find the settings for each feature
The button for each recommendation in the Storage Management window affects one or more settings in other apps. You can also control those settings directly within each app.
- If you're using macOS Catalina or later, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then select iCloud in the sidebar: Store in iCloud turns on the Optimize Mac Storage setting on the right. To turn off iCloud Drive entirely, deselect iCloud Drive.
- If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Options next to iCloud Drive. Store in iCloud turns on the Desktop & Documents Folders and Optimize Mac Storage settings.
- In Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then click iCloud. Store in iCloud selects iCloud Photos and Optimize Mac Storage.
- In Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Store in iCloud selects Enable Messages in iCloud.
- If you're using macOS Catalina or later, open the Apple TV app, choose TV > Preferences from the menu bar, then click Files. Optimize Storage selects “Automatically delete watched movies and TV shows.”
- In you're using macOS Mojave or earlier, open iTunes, choose iTunes > Preferences from the menu bar, then click Advanced. Optimize Storage selects “Automatically delete watched movies and TV shows.”
- In Mail, choose Mail > Preferences from the menu bar, then click Accounts. In the Account Information section on the right, Optimize Storage sets the Download Attachments menu to either Recent or None.
Empty Trash Automatically: From the Finder, choose Finder > Preferences, then click Advanced. Empty Trash Automatically selects “Remove items from the Trash after 30 days.”
Other ways that macOS helps automatically save space
With macOS Sierra or later, your Mac automatically takes these additional steps to save storage space:
- Detects duplicate downloads in Safari, keeping only the most recent version of the download
- Reminds you to delete used app installers
- Removes old fonts, languages, and dictionaries that aren't being used
- Clears caches, logs, and other unnecessary data when storage space is needed
How to free up storage space manually
Even without using the Optimized Storage features described in this article, you can take other steps to make more storage space available:
- Music, movies, and other media can use a lot of storage space. Learn how to delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device.
- Delete other files that you no longer need by moving them to the Trash, then emptying the Trash. The Downloads folder is good place to look for files that you might no longer need.
- Move files to an external storage device.
- Compress files.
- Delete unneeded email: In the Mail app, choose Mailbox > Erase Junk Mail. If you no longer need the email in your Trash mailbox, choose Mailbox > Erase Deleted Items.
- The Storage pane of About This Mac is the best way to determine the amount of storage space available on your Mac. Disk Utility and other apps might show storage categories such as Not Mounted, VM, Recovery, Other Volumes, Free, or Purgeable. Don't rely on these categories to understand how to free up storage space or how much storage space is available for your data.
- When you duplicate a file on an APFS-formatted volume, that file doesn't use additional storage space on the volume. Deleting a duplicate file frees up only the space required by any data you might have added to the duplicate. If you no longer need any copies of the file, you can recover all of the storage space by deleting both the duplicate and the original file.
- If you're using a pro app and Optimize Mac Storage, learn how to make sure that your projects are always on your Mac and able to access their files.
MovieBox Pro PC for the Best Video Streaming Experience
MovieBox Pro is the best free movie and video store for your Smartphone and PC. MovieBox Pro brings updates with time and brings you the best experience with the latest movies, videos, trailers and more. For Android and iOS users, MovieBox Download is available in mobile version. And for the Windows and Mac users, MovieBox PC is available for free with support to synchronize your device with third party applications.
About MovieBox Pro for Windows and Mac
This app is very popular among mobile users as the best free video and movie streaming application. It supports Android, iOS and Windows with no complications. And for the interesting fact, MovieBox Pro is not only for SmartPhone users. In fact, you can now get with MovieBox PC with support through Windows PC, Linux and Mac.
When we find MovieBox apk as the best streaming app for mobile phone users, we heard questions about whether it is available for PC. And luckily, it is a “yes” with the update of MovieBox for Windows and Mac.
Can you Download MovieBox directly on Windows and Mac?
As you might have already aware, MovieBox has built as a mobile app to download directly on Android or iOS mobiles. So in that way, MovieBox lacks native support for Windows, Mac or Linux platforms. In fact, you cannot directly Download MovieBox PC version on the Desktop just like you get on mobile. But that is not a fact to worry as you have an alternative option here to get MovieBox for PC on the desktop.
How to install Moviebox Pro?
Instead of installing MovieBox directly on the PC you here have to use a third party software. The application you need here call Android Emulators (aka App Players) which you can access for free. From all the app player software available, “NOX” and “Bluestack” are more popular recommended. By using these emulators, you are building up an environment to run any Android app on the desktop with no interruptions. So there, you are installing MovieBox APK on Windows turning it.
Are you ready to get MovieBox for PC?
Movies play a big role in everyone’s life making your leisure worth. So having MovieBox iOS for Apple devices MovieBox apk for Android devices is the best way you can enjoy the best movies, videos and more to spend your free hours in the best way possible.
Download Movies To Macbook Pro
Download Movies To Macbook Air
However MovieBox Free is coming for mobile. But if you like to get it on the big screen, you can use a free Android emulator and get the mobile app on Windows for the best experience. It is all free to have and brings a lot of joy for you with all your favorites.