Use the latest version of macOS. Update to the latest version of macOS. Go to Apple menu.
- Download All Photos from iCloud to Mac Using Safari. If you want to download Photos directly from icloud.com, you can follow the steps below to download All Photos from iCloud to Mac. Open the Safari browser on your Mac and go to icloud.com. Sign-in to your iCloud Account by entering your Apple ID and Password.
- Most of us rely on iCloud to backup and sync data like Contacts, Notes, Photos, etc. Between iPhone and other Apple products like iPad, Mac, or Apple TV. To sync Contacts from iPhone to iCloud, just go to Settings iCloud Move Contact to ON, and also you should enable iCloud backup on your device.
- Verify that “Contacts” is toggled-On (green) and syncing to the cloud. If not, tap the toggle to enable it and sync your contacts. Next, open a browser on your Windows 10 PC and log in to the iCloud website with your Apple ID. Click “Contacts.” Select a contact on the following screen.
- How to Download Photos from iCloud with a Simpler & Quicker Way. If the issue cannot be fixed with the solutions above, or you want an easier method to download your iCloud photos, then this #1 iCloud alternative AnyTrans can be your best choice. It can help you download photos from iCloud to iPhone/iPad/computer in just 1 click.
- iPhone to Mac
- iPhone to PC
- iPhone to iPhone/iPad
- iPod/iPad to iPhone
- Phone to Phone
by Jenefey AaronUpdated on 2020-06-19 / Update for Fix iPhone
Most of us rely on iCloud to backup and sync data like Contacts, Notes, Photos, etc. between iPhone and other Apple products like iPad, Mac, or Apple TV. To sync Contacts from iPhone to iCloud, just go to Settings > iCloud > Move Contact to ON, and also you should enable iCloud backup on your device. Sometimes iCloud sync seems not as effective as we believe. Your contacts not syncing to Mac. Like this guy described on macrumors forums:
I have iCloud on and signed in on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro (all updated). Not only are my devices not sharing contacts, but iCloud contacts not syncing'
If you are also running into iPhone contacts won't sync with iCloud or iPhone contacts not syncing to Mac, check the potential fixes in this post to fix it, and also provide you an alternative way to backup your iPhone contacts without iCloud or iTunes.
Part 1: Best Alternative Method When iPhone Contacts Won't Sync with iCloud
If your iClould not syncing contacts or contacts not syncing to mac from iPhone after all these attempts, you can try to use an alternative tool to backup contacts on iPhone. Tenorshare iCareFone is a flexible iPhone backup tool that allows you to backup iPhone contacts effortlessly. It enables you to backup iPhone contacts, and other data to computer. It is helpful if your contacts not syncing to iCloud.
- Backup contacts to computer instead of iCloud storage.
- 4 choices for Contacts export, so you can import to other devices later without any hassle. You can export to backup file (.cdata), to excel file, to text file or to xml file.
- Copy Contacts from PC/Mac to iPhone without wiping current data.
- Find duplicate Contacts and merge them by one click.
- Delete all or multiple Contacts on the iPhone as easy as you can imagine.
How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Computer
On the main interface of iCareFone, select 'Backup & Restore' > 'Device Backup & Restore', you'll see backup main interface as below.
Select Contacts or other data that you also want to backup, and then click Backup to start backup. The whole process takes less than a minute if you only backup Contacts.
After backup is completed, you can view backup data or view backup list.
Video Guide: How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Computer?
How to Manage Contacts on iPhone Effortlessly
iCareFone lets you import or export contacts much easier.
Download Contacts From Icloud To Iphone
Install and open Tenorshare iCareFone, connect your iPhone to computer. Click File Manager > Contacts in iCarFone.
Here it loads all Contacts on your connected phone. You can edit, delete, import or export Contacts. Select all Contacts, or tick some of them, and click Export button, there are 4 options to backup Contacts to computer.
Later when you delete a contact by mistake, lose some contacts due to iOS update, or want to copy contacts to new iPhone, you can click Import button in Tenorshare iCareFone to add your contacts immediately.
Part 2: Other Common Tips to Fix iCloud Contacts Not Syncing
These tips we are going to elaborate are believed to be able to fix contacts from phone not syncing to Mac problem. Please try them one by one. If the problem can't be fixed after all these attempts, you still have an alternative method to sync contacts on iPhone without iCloud. Just read on.
Tip 1. Check Apple ID in Your iDevices
The most important prerequisite is that you're signed in to iCloud with the same Apple account on all of your devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Apple Watch.
When you use iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > tap you name to check the Apple ID.
If you are using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud to check the Apple ID.
Tip 2. Update iPhone Software
If your iPhone software is not running the latest version, please update it first. Sometimes it is the cause of iPhone contacts not syncing. Head over to Settings > General > Software Update.
Tip 3. Check Your Network Connections
To sync iPhone contacts to iCloud, you have to make sure that your iPhone is connected with a Wi-Fi, or you've turned on cellular data for iCloud sync. For rest assured, you can reset your network settings.
Head over to Settings > General > Reset > tap on Reset Network Settings.
Tip 4. Check Whether Date and Time are Correct
Date and Time are not synced to devices? You should check it carefully to troubleshoot problem. Sometimes this would have impact on syncing contacts and other data when using iCloud. On iOS device, please go to Settings > General > Date & Time, how about Mac, head to System Preferences>iCloud, then make sure what you want to be synced have been checked.
Tip 5. Turn off iCloud Sync and Re-Open
If your iPhone contacts won't sync to iCloud, try to turn off the sync and then turn it on again. The steps are:
- Tap on Settings on your iPhone > [your name] > iCloud. If you are using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap on Settings > iCloud.
- Turn off iCloud Contacts on your iPhone. If prompted, choose 'Keep on My iPhone'.
- Power off your iPhone and then power it on.
- Log onto iCloud.com from your Mac. Make sure your Contacts are still there.
Repeat step 1, and turn on iCloud Contacts. If prompted, choose 'Merge Contacts' from the iCloud to your device.
Tip 6. Uncheck Accounts Excluding iCloud in Contactrs If Have
If you also sync your iPhone contacts with other accounts excepting iCloud, please diselect them to ensure iPhone contacts sync successfully to iCloud.
Launch 'Contacts' app on your iPhone.
Click Group at the right top corner.
- If you find that it syncs contact with other accounts, please turn off them like Gmail and Yahoo. Make sure only iCloud is selected.
Nake a hit on Done to confirm it.
- Power off your iPhone, and then power if on again.
Tip 7. Put iCloud to Be Default Account
- Go to Settings > Contacts, click Default Account.
- Select iCloud to be as the default account.
Tip 8. Sign Out of iCloud account and Then Sign Back In
Another tip to fix contacts cannot sync to iCloud is to sign out of iCloud on your iPhone.
If you use iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [Your Name] > scroll down and tap on Sign Out. You will require to enter Apple ID to confirm.
If you use iOS 10.2 or old version, go to Settings > iCloud > Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
Tip 9. Add Gmail account, and then remove it
I got this fix from Apple discussions; it sounds strange, but indeed functions to some people who cannot sync/update contacts to your iCloud.
- Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts > Add Account.
- Add a Google account and set it to sync Mail, Calendars, and Contacts.
Wait whether all iCloud Contacts appear on your iPhone.
Magical? Yes, it may be. Here is the quotation from Apple discussions.
Very quickly, I had all my Google contacts on my phone (which weren't exactly the same as my iCloud contacts, since I'm constantly editing my contacts only on my MacBook Pro, and I don't use Gmail much at all). A few hours later, all my iCloud contacts appeared, as well as the 'Groups' link in the upper left. I then went back to Settings and deleted the Google account from my iPhone.'
This is the two possible solutions to fix Contact won't sync from iPhone to iCloud on iOS 10.3.3/10.3.2/10.3/10/9/8. Aside from using iCloud for iCloud syncing and backup, you can also use other alternative tools to backup contacts on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
If your iPhone contacts can't sync to iCloud, you can try the two fixes we share in this article. Instead, you can consider using Tenorshare iCareFone to backup your contacts to computer in readable format.
There is no option to select All Photos on iCloud, which makes it difficult to select All Photos at once in iCloud. However, it is possible to download All Photos from iCloud to Mac using two different methods as provided below.
Download ALL Photos from iCloud to PC
While iCloud Photos is considered to be a safe and secure place to store your memories, it is a good idea to download All your Photos from iCloud to Mac as a precautionary measure.
Just like having an insurance policy, an additional backup of all your Photos on Mac will provide you with peace of mind that you do have a backup, in case something happens to your iCloud Account.
Another common reason for downloading photos from iCloud is to Free Up iCloud Storage Space by deleting iCloud Photos after downloading them to Mac.
So, let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to select All Photos on iCloud and download them to your computer.
1. Download All Photos from iCloud to Mac Using Safari
If you want to download Photos directly from icloud.com, you can follow the steps below to download All Photos from iCloud to Mac.
1. Open the Safari browser on your Mac and go to icloud.com
2. Sign-in to your iCloud Account by entering your Apple ID and Password.
3. After you are signed-in to iCloud, click on the Photos Icon.
4. In iCloud Photos, click on the Photos Tab and press Command+A to select all Photos on iCloud.
Download Icloud Contacts To Ipad
Note: If Command+A is not working, make sure iCloud Photos is enabled on your iPhone.
5. After selecting All Photos, click on the Download icon (See image in step 4 above) to start the process of downloading All the selected Photos to your Mac.
Note: At the time of writing, iCloud download limit stands at 1,000 Photos. This means that you can only download up to 999 photos at a time from iCloud to Mac.
How To Get Contacts From Icloud
If you have more than 1,000 photos to download, try to select and download 500 Photos at a time.
To select 500 Photos, click on the First Photo > Scroll down 50 rows > Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard of your Mac and click on the Last Photo in 50th row.
2. Download All Photos from iCloud to Mac Using Photos App
The easiest way to select and download Photos from iCloud to Mac is by using the Photos App on Mac. Also, this method has no limit on the number of Photos being downloaded.
1. Open the Photos App on your Mac and wait for All Photos to Load.
Download Icloud Contacts To Pc
2. Once All the Photos are loaded, switch to ‘All Photos’ view by clicking on the All Photos tab.
Contacts Won Download From Icloud To Macbook Pro Dock
3. Next, press Command+A Keys on the keyboard of your Mac to select all the Photos on iCloud.
4. After selecting All Photos, simply drag the highlighted Photos to Desktop or a Folder on your Mac
The time to Download Photos from iCloud to Mac will depend on the number of Photos in your iCloud Account and the speed of your internet connection.