- What is AutoCAD? This is a special CAD software application that can be used for a wide range of drafting and design projects involving creation, editing, viewing and printing both geometric 2D and 3D entities. The software is commonly used in the architectural, mechanical, civil and electrical engineering fields for drawing and design.
- All in all, AutoCAD remains one of the top applications used by professionals to achieve great precision with projects of nearly any type. It encourages usage with incredible offers for student.
- Sep 01, 2020 Autocad is a comprehensive graphic design system used by creatives, engineers, architects and other professionals. The software allows you to simulate and animate complex 2D and 3D designs. Proficiency requires significant training but offers powerful and advanced features.
AutoCAD ® is computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers and construction professionals rely on to create precise 2D and 3D drawings. Draft, annotate and design 2D geometry and 3D models with solids, surfaces and mesh objects; Automate tasks such as comparing drawings, adding blocks, creating schedules and more.
One of the most powerful CAD applications that can be used to achieve great precision and design nearly anything, in any field of activity
Equipped with the right applications, a computer can be of great help in virtually any domain of activity. When it comes to designing and precision, no other tool is as accurate as a computer. Moreover, specialized applications such as AutoCAD give you the possibility to design nearly anything ranging from art, to complex mechanical parts or even buildings.
Suitable for business environments and experienced users
After a decent amount of time spent installing the application on your system, you are ready to fire it up. Thanks to the office suite like interface, all of its features are cleverly organized in categories. At a first look, it looks easy enough to use, but the abundance of features it comes equipped with leaves room for second thoughts.
Create 2D and 3D objects
You can make use of basic geometrical shapes to define your objects, as well as draw custom ones. Needless to say that you can take advantage of a multitude of tools that aim to enhance precision. A grid can be enabled so that you can easily snap elements, as well as adding anchor points to fully customize shapes.
With a little imagination and patience on your behalf, nearly anything can be achieved. Available tools allow you to create 3D objects from scratch and have them fully enhanced with high-quality textures. A powerful navigation pane is put at your disposal so that you can carefully position the camera to get a clearer view of the area of interest.
Various export possibilities
Similar to a modern web browser, each project is displayed in its own tab. This comes in handy, especially for comparison views. Moreover, layouts and layers also play important roles, as it makes objects handling a little easier.
Sine the application is not the easiest to carry around, requiring a slightly sophisticated machine to properly run, there are several export options put at your disposal so that the projects itself can be moved around.
Aside from the application specific format, you can save as an image file of multiple types, PDF, FBX and a few more. Additionally, it can be sent via email, directly printed out on a sheet of paper, or even sent to a 3D printing service, if available.
To end with
All in all, AutoCAD remains one of the top applications used by professionals to achieve great precision with projects of nearly any type. It encourages usage with incredible offers for student licenses so you get acquainted with its abundance of features early on. A lot can be said about what it can and can't do, but the true surprise lies in discovering it step-by-step.
AutoCAD is part of these download collections: 3D Model Makers, Open DWG, Create 3D Model, Edit DWGAutoCAD was reviewed by Mircea Dragomir
- 30 days trial
- Nag screen
- 2.5–2.9 GHz processor
- Memory 8 GB
- Display Resolution 1920 x 1080 with True Color
- Display Card 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
- Disk Space 6.0 GB
- Pointing Device
- Additional Requirements for large datasets, point clouds, and 3D modeling:
- RAM 8 GB RAM or more
- Disk space 6 GB free hard disk available, not including installation requirements
- Display Card 1920 x 1080 or greater True Color video display adapter; 128 MB VRAM or greater; Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater; Direct3D®-capable workstation class graphics card
- New Feature and Feature Enhancement Summary:
- Blocks Palette:
- Drag and drop actions now apply the settings for Scale and Rotation
- The display of thumbnail images is improved
AutoCAD 2021add to watchlistsend us an update
- runs on:
- Windows 10 64 bit
Windows 8 32/64 bit
Windows 7 32/64 bit
- file size:
- 1.1 MB
- main category:
- Science / CAD
- visit homepage
top alternatives FREE
top alternatives PAID